Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Pou: the Tamagotchi for Android

Tamagotchi, one of my favourite playthings in the world. Ever since my Dad bought one for me years ago, I loved it (still do, actually). I know it's a child's toy, but there's nothing wrong with owning one when I'm old enough to get a husband (just an example). No matter how many times I played it, it didn't get boring because it was fun. But I had to let it go because it broke.

When I finally got my own android, I went to to the Play Store and looked for an app that somehow resembles tamagotchi. I know there has got to be one because buying a tamagotchi will be a waste since I might misplace it or something (that thing is tiny). Then I found "Pou". It's somehow similar to tamagotchi where you can feed it, play with it, tuck it into bed and clean it. There are levels as well where you can unlock to get costumes, accessories, more food, wallpapers for the room, etc.

One of the best things about Pou is that it's in colours. My old tamagotchi wasn't because it's pixelated (unless of course new tamagotchis are different). That's why in Pou we can change the wallpapers for the rooms; the bedroom, kitchen, lab and games room. We can also change the colour and the kind of ball in the games room, the light on the bedroom, and later on (above level 35) the phone on the hall. Just click the Shop on the right side at the bottom of each room and choose which one to buy.


Leveling up is actually quite easy. We just have to feed, play, clean and heal it. Doing those things increases our coins, which we can use to buy more food/drinks, buy potions for our Pou when they're sick/tired, buy costumes/accessories and others. Once we reach certain things (e.g. Pou eats 3 kinds of food, Pou heals 100% more than once), we can unlock certain achievements and then we will get more money.

If we have friends who also play Pou, we can befriend them. I haven't found any unfortunately, so I'm not quite sure what it actually does. Maybe our Pou can go to their houses? All I know we have to put our email to register, I assume.

The hall is where we can record our voice (or any noise/sound) that Pou can hear. Pou then repeats what it hears. It's pretty cute when it copies the sound. This room is new; it just appeared not too long ago. Either it's a new room that the inventor(s) has/have just created or maybe because I reached a certain level. Too bad that we can't actually save the record of its voice, because that in my opinion would be better. It will be unique, rather than having it to just record the noise/sound. We can even turn the mic off if we don't want it to do anything.

Other than a microphone in the middle, it has a phone on the left. When we click on it, it's basically like the menu on the right at the top of each room. I think it's pretty redundant because it's almost the exact same thing.

All in all, it's quite satisfying. I play with it a lot when I'm bored (which is almost most of the time). Although, I wish I could name my Pou.

And I dunno why the Pou in this laptop is in a darker shade than the real one in my phone. I never change the colour of its body because I thought the original one suits it better than the other colours.

1 comment:

  1. This Pou app is super awesome. Hope we could be friends! Pouchie18 here =))

    ReplyDelete