Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Burger: the Android Version

Burger is a simple game where you stack up the ingredients of a burger that is shown on the display located on the top right corner. The ingredients include lettuce, patty, mayonnaise, tomato sauce, tomato, cheese, pickles, fish (some of them will be added once you finish a certain level). There are also muffin, soft drink, potato wedges, french fries (some will also be added later on).

My sister got me hooked on this one. I didn't have games like these before. I used to have Fruit Ninja (which until this right second I still can't slice three pineapples to get that last sword), Pou, Snakes I and II, Logo Quiz and Unblock Me. In time, they got boring (I haven't played Snakes I and II for weeks or maybe even months) so a game like Burger was a nice change. It also reminds me of Bishi Bashi, an arcade game I used to play back in the days.

Believe me, when I first installed this game on my android, I couldn't stop playing it. I'm addicted to the game because it's really fun. All we do is stack up the ingredients according to the menu, and that's it (well, of course everything is being timed). It's really simple, yet entertaining.

The best part is when I have a new ingredient. This usually happens when I successfully pass a month. Although, I do wish that the money we get from tips and selling these burgers can be used to do something. Like maybe get new ingredients faster than waiting for a whole month to finish? Or maybe decorate the restaurant? Granted, we can't even see the customers. So what's the use of a different wallpaper, right?

What I don't like from the game is that most of the times, I can't press the ingredients - usually the sandwich (on the bottom left of the display) or the french fries (on the bottom right of the display). It's annoying because it slows down the progress of me stacking up the burger. Therefore, it decreases the amount of money that I'm supposed to get. This is one of the reasons why I wish my phone was bigger, or my fingers were smaller.

Hmm now I wonder what would happen if I 'accidentally' get the orders of the burger wrong. Will I fail that day? Or will it just skip that order and do the next one? I shall check soon.

Anyway, another thing that I don't like is its sensitivity. I'm not talking about the part where we actually start playing the game. Rather it's the screen after each day has finished, where we click Continue to continue the next day. I used to think that we could only click the word Continue in order to, well, continue. Apparently, even if we click somewhere else - like the bottom of the screen, for example - we will be taken to the next day. On one side, it's actually a good idea. Simultaneously though, not at all. I can't just slide a finger on the LCD on accident because it's going to take me to the next day.

Then again, I can just click the back button so I can pause it and restart it all over again.

Oh, and another thing is this game makes me want to eat burger afterwards. I don't recommend playing this if you're on a diet or at the moment fasting because I know for sure it's going to make you hungry.

UPDATED (23.04.13):
So one day I was playing this game. And of course, as the game progresses, the orders get longer and harder. One time, I actually put the incorrect order. In the end, I still got it all wrong and I skipped. However, I still passed that level/day because the goal was reached. I guess you can't exactly fail a day for getting an order or more wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment